Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Gergiovden

Yesterday was Gergiovden or St. George’s Day (in English), it is celebrated in Bulgaria on the 6th of May and traditionally roast lamb (usually whole) is eaten on this day. St. George, the dragon slayer is celebrated as the patron saint of livestock.
I really like this holiday it is all about seeing family and spending time with them and also it is one of the few holidays I get to spend with my family. So my parents and I went to the village to celebrate. I saw my grandparents, got to hang out with my cousins and the food was great.


3 comments:

Iva said...

samo naburzo, moje li tel. na email, please:)
Hubav praznik e, vinagi mi napomnia, che sled nego e red na hubavo vreme i che idva liatoto...

Emily Kern said...

Cute pictures! I am glad to see you!

The Yancey Family said...

Hi! I am so glad that you are blogging your trip! We can all see what you are doing while you are so far away! I am so glad that your trip went well and that you are spending lots of time with your family!!